[Lohit-devel-list] Fwd: [OpenType] Problems for Indian Typography discussion paper

pravin.d.s at gmail.com pravin.d.s at gmail.com
Fri Jan 25 07:58:50 UTC 2013

On 24 January 2013 21:27, Dave Crossland <dave at lab6.com> wrote:

> FYI

Thanks Dave for forwarding this to Lohit List.

Some of the combination you have mentioned handled in better way with
existing features in Lohit and Sakal Bharati. I think font designer by
considering these issues before design can help in this.

http://pravins.fedorapeople.org/with-lohit.png
http://pravins.fedorapeople.org/with-sakalbharati.png

I am not sure for dotted circle part yet, dunno is it valid combination or
not. Need input from language person for same.

But i am definitely support request you have made to have consideration of
glyphs inbetween cluster/syllable. It will definitely give more flexibility
to font developers to develop high quality font with limited number of
glyphs. I have seen such issues in lohit telugu, for below base part will
provide some example.

I dont think it will affect any existing font, if implement in proper way
in OTLS, like enabling across cluster context only if font contain <fina>
feature. In this way it will not affect existing fonts anyway.

Best Regards,
Pravin Satpute