Re: [lvm-devel] new device-mapper required to build latest lvm from cvs

Alasdair G Kergon wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 25, 2007 at 09:10:05PM +0100, Alasdair G Kergon wrote:
>> Don't bother: if the functions are identical today, remove the lvm2
>> wrapper and have everything call the dm version directly.
>
> The functions are not quite identical:-)
>   1 - a log_sys_error() cleanup missing

I thought they are identical after the macro is expanded.
Should I use log_sys_error() in libdevmapper, too?

>   2 - error suppression for read-only filesystems

It can be brought into dm_create_dir() or we can move logging
to the outside of dm_create_dir() and let callers do it.
Which way do you think is better?

Thanks,
--
Jun'ichi Nomura, NEC Corporation of America