Re: [lvm-devel] fix for link pthread-related link failure on Debian

On Wed, Sep 12, 2007 at 08:29:25PM +0200, Jim Meyering wrote:
> I've just rerun autoconf and committed the new, regenerated file.
> This is one of the reasons I really like to have complete and
> accurate dependencies.  Does anyone know why we lack this particular one?

Because we ship the 'configure' file etc. and that is all that we
support in build environments: autoconf etc. should not be a requirement
to build the code.

> Would anyone object to my adding the missing rule?

Only if not done in such a way that it was optional and disabled by
default in build environments (though a non-fatal warning message would
be OK).

E.g. configure --enable-autoreconf would require the autoconf tools to
be present and then cause the makefiles to detect when they are
out-of-date and attempt to reconfigure themselves and relaunch etc.

Alasdair
--
agk redhat com