[lvm-devel] liblvm IOCTL/sysfs interface

Hi all,

I  would like to know if there is any means currently to know the complete
geometry of a LVM volume.
e.g, If a volume has 3 PV(targets).

So, we should be able to extract some information like.

Name of Volume.
Name of Volume Group.
Name, Range and size for each of the Physical devices involved.

I execute the following steps.

1. pvcreate /dev/sda5 /dev/sda6
2. vgcreate vg /dev/sda5 /dev/sda6
3. lvcreate vg -L 5G

So, I should see the information like.

lvol0
vg
target1 - /dev/sda5 ----  0 -- 10000 ( BEGIN  -- Length )
target2 - /dev/sda6 ----  10001 -- 4000

We do maintain these informations inside the kernel, We should atleast
have an ioctl or sysfs based interface to extract
these information.

Liblvm is under development, won't it be of a good use to provide such
a functionality.

kindly suggest !

--
Regards,
Sandeep.

“To learn is to change. Education is a process that changes the learner.”