[lvm-devel] LVM2 ./WHATS_NEW_DM udev/10-dm.rules.in

Alasdair G Kergon agk at redhat.com
Fri Aug 13 17:33:27 UTC 2010

On Thu, Aug 12, 2010 at 01:41:20PM -0000, prajnoha at sourceware.org wrote:
> 	ignored. However, initrd is not updated automatically while updating the
> 	libdevmapper/udev rules in the system and so we end up with the rules not

We discussed this some time ago and had to rule it out: there is no reasonable
existing mechanism for triggering an update to all the still-usable initrds
when the lvm2 package is updated.  People need to be able to switch between
installed kernels without changing userspace.  (LVM1 used to suffer from that
problem.)

Alasdair