Re: [lvm-devel] add %ORIGIN support to the --extents option

On Tue, Feb 02 2010 at  4:17pm -0500,
Mike Snitzer <snitzer redhat com> wrote:

> Allow the number of logical extents to be expressed as a percentage of
> the total space in the Origin Logical Volume with the suffix %ORIGIN.

I've committed this %ORIGIN support.  I just wanted to share that it was
motivated by a need for it in the yum-utils' fs-snapshot plugin (helps
users craft more usable default snapshot LV sizes).  I recently posted
3 patches to add LVM snapshot support to the yum-utils fs-snapshot
plugin:

http://lists.baseurl.org/pipermail/yum-devel/2010-February/006603.html