Re: [lvm-devel] Suppress locking initialisation failure messages when --ignorelockingfailure is used

On 02/08/2010 02:46 PM, Mike Snitzer wrote:

> Dracut is rw but we (dracut's lvm hooks) impose read-only locking
> through dracut's lvm.conf.  This was done so no metadata updates could
> occur within the initramfs environment.

Yes, dracut environment is rw but the root fs itself is mounted ro first.
The "vgchange -a y --ignorelockingfailure" (that is called after the pivotroot)
is run just before the rw remount happens (..looking at Fedora/RHEL6 rc.sysinit).

We didn't notice that directly before, because init_locking silently "failed"
(but returned with OK status from init_locking fn, since --ignorelockingfailure is set).

Peter