Re: [lvm-devel] lv-shared

On Mon, Mar 15 2010 at  3:00pm -0400,
Mikulas Patocka <mpatocka redhat com> wrote:

> Hi
>
> Why did you hide the "lv-shared" volume? With this hidden, the size and
> percentage can't be seen.

You can still see it with: lvs -a

I'll have to revisit why I made it hidden (aside from the fact that the
associated DM device is also hidden).  There was some subtle reason that
had to do with the refactoring of associations when I eliminated the
distinct ->shared_snapshot pointer (otherwise the vg_validate() method
would fail).

> Also, your changes to 2.02.62 broke shared store resizing.
> lvresize -L 132M vgs/lv-shared no longer works

OK, I can have a look but some of my changes also made it so that
info-by-uuid based multisnapshot cleanup actually works (needed for lvm2
>= 2.02.62).

Mike