[lvm-devel] the map between pv_segments and a lv

Mr. & Mrs.
  Glad to be here. I'm a student from China, and very interested in lvm project.
We are now doing a training project, which aims at cloning a hard disk. To some
extent, we need to know the map between a lv and pv_segments,
 i.e,  to find out all the pv_segments that make up a lv.
As it is known to us, the relationship can be found in directory /etc/lvm/backup.
but it is not convenient.

So, can there be some APIs to tell the relationships.

Best regards.

June 1st, 2011