Re: [lvm-devel] LVM2/libdm/ioctl libdm-iface.c

> The order would be opposite - and I believe that giving the user knowledge,
> that lvm lacks some part of code to handle this situation and code needs to be
> recompiled with such support is IMHO good hint for error like this.

_dm_compat is deprecated functionality and I think the proposed message is
very misleading, and most likely nothing to do with the actual problem
the user needs to address on that code path.

> And also it's worth to know - we have 2 other log_error() already there:

which both look fine (on the deprecated code path).

> > Support was not compiled in so we shouldn't mention anything about it to the
> > user.
> Well that's where I think 'root' should know why the operation failed.

No - if the support was not compiled in it is because it is known not to be
required.

Alasdair