[lvm-devel] Writing python bindings for lvm

Hi, I'm trying to write python bindings for lvm using ctypes. The one question that I have is which library should I use? lvm2app or lvm2cmd? I have not finished going through the code but given that the lvm source provides both libraries I was wondering of the intention they were written for.