[lvm-devel] Now I'm convinced about Linux

I have often heard in certain circles that Linux messes things up by
trying to wipe peoples arses.

Having a simple problem today that last_rule would solve just fine and
finding that I must edit extra files or manage a packages file is
quite convincing that they are right, especially the reason
"Inconsistent behaviour" when that is exactly what I expect to be able
to do on Unix and is so often made difficult just on Linux these days
and it seems especially in code mainly managed by RedHat, though I do
not a member of RedHat raising concerns about it.

I have tried creating /lib/udev/rules.d/zzz-arsewipingidiotfix.rules
with LABEL="very_end"

but adding GOTO="very_end" to earlier udev rules
(/etc/udev/rules.d/46-) is having no effect even after a udev restart?

Any ideas?

universal interface'

(Doug McIlroy)