[Mod_nss-list] Mod_nss newbie here - issue with mod_proxy and mod_nss 1.0.8

Mike Staver staver at fimble.com
Sat May 29 18:44:57 UTC 2010

> mod_proxy provides a single interface for registering the SSL functions
> it needs. Since mod_ssl blindly registers when it loads mod_nss skips it
> if it detects mod_ssl. So yes, merely having a 'LoadModule ssl_module
> modules/mod_ssl.so' somewhere in the configuration is enough to make
> mod_nss not work with mod_proxy.
>
> Note that some recent changes for the mod_nss/mod_proxy interaction were
> pushed out to the source HEAD recently. You'll probably want to pull the
> source from CVS if you're using the 1.0.8 tarball. This will let mod_nss
> work with mod_proxy as a reverse SSL proxy.

Thanks - I'm confident that I'm not loading mod_ssl with my Apache config
if that's the only way it's done.  In fact, I didn't even compile it on
this machine... However, OpenSSL is installed in another directory and I
can't imagine it would impact this, but then again, I know next to nothing
about this software :)

How stable would you say the latest is? I'd like to use this on a
production server if possible.