[Mod_nss-list] NSSVerifyClient Require - doesn't work in <LocationMatch> directive

Smith, Albert L CTR OSD ATL Albert.Smith.CTR at osd.mil
Wed Aug 1 14:01:10 UTC 2012

Greetings.

I got these two email addresses from the following thread (https://www.redhat.com/archives/mod_nss-list/2010-September/msg00004.html) so I hope that I'm reaching the appropriate person/group for my question.

I'm running OEL-5 (Oracle Enterprise Linux, version 5), Apache 2.2.3, NSPR-4.8.9-1 and NSS-3.13.1-5.0.1

The server is used as a proxy server with a mix of 'Location's requiring client verification and not requiring verification.

To support this I'm trying to use 'NSSVerifyClient Require' inside of the <LocationMatch> directive and it's not working correctly, it behaves the same as 'Optional'.

However, 'NSSVerifyClient' works correctly inside of the <LocationMatch> directive using 'None' and 'Optional'.

Is this a known issue?
Is there a way to get this working?

This worked successfully using 'mod_ssl' using 'SSLVerifyClient Require'.

-Albert Smith
Infrastructure Team
OUSD(AT&L) eBusiness Center
703 571-3015