Re: Suggestions on RAID Card

greyhair wrote:

Thomas Cameron wrote:

I'm looking for raid card suggestions for a RHEL 4 server. <snip>

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

3ware is supposed to be well supported. Search for 3ware at http://hardware.redhat.com/hcl/index.cgi?pagename=details&hid=5538.

Thomas

Thank you Thomas. I'll look in to the 3ware 9000 series more closely.

Looking into this further revealed the following at 3ware.com : http://www.3ware.com/kb/article.aspx?id=13262

"Redhat Advanced Server WS/ES/AS 4.0 has built in driver support for the 7000/8000/9500S series products. Attached to this KB article is the driver diskette based on the 9.1.5.2 code set for the 9500S controller.

Do not use Windows to extract the .tgz file to a floppy. Use Linux only."

Looks like 3ware is a inexpensive way to go. Yea for not having to recompile after every kernel update. (hopefully)

-greyhair