RHEL 4 without Udev?

Title: RHEL 4 without Udev?

Hi,

        I'm pretty new to RHEL4 and Udev. I don't necessarily like the way Udev names my LVM devices - it kind of uglifies 'df' output more than it already is :)

In any case, I'm wondering if you can run RHEL4 without Udev, and if so, how do I go about installing with a kickstart file but not using Udev?

Aslo, feel free to convince me I don't want to live without Udev!

Thanks,

Kevin