Re: kswapd taking 100% CPU - only there's no swap?

On 3/7/06, Don MacAskill <don smugmug com> wrote:

> Stephen J. Smoogen wrote:
>
> > Could be lots of reasons.. a lot more info would be needed to answer it:
> >
> > What is your CPU
>
> Opteron 875

Sweet. I wish I could play with one of these..  Looking at the U3
kernel update list.. I only see one bug that might be referenced to it
which has absolutely 0 info in bugzilla beyond U2 performance
regression when operating enterprise loads.

The reasons for the questions was that an Opteron could behave
differently from an Athlon64 or a E64MT Intel on this workload and
would be useful for figuring out what needs to be done.. a caching
problem might also cause some thrashing.

The question on the size of the process per CPU might still be an
issue.. Arjan would know better as it might be a NUMA issue triggering
a thrash.

--
Stephen J Smoogen.
CSIRT/Linux System Administrator