Re: AutoLogin with ScreenLock enabled (RHEL 4 or 5 )

Bill Tangren wrote:
Oscar Orellana wrote:
Bill Tangren wrote:
Oscar Orellana wrote:

Greetings:

Anyone knows how to enable screen lock with AutoLogin ?
in either RHEL 4 or  5.

I run both, and have already added:
*[daemon]
TimedLoginEnable=true
TimedLogin=admin
TimedLoginDelay=10*

to */etc/gdm/custom.conf*   and -
done my changes to: */etc/X11/gdm/gdm.conf* but when system comes up the terminal
is wide open ( not locked ).

Any tips / hints  are highly appreciated.

Who is autologging in, root or a non-privileged user?

It's a non-priviledged user with very little power. --

Have you read this (or similar)?

http://www.gnome.org/projects/gdm/docs/2.8/configuration.html
or
http://www.icims.csl.uiuc.edu/~lheal/doc/gdm/x155.html

What do you have AutomaticLoginEnable and AutomaticLogin set to?

Bill,
I had not read those docs.  Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.
The settings are as follows:

[daemon]
# Automatic login, if true the first local screen will automatically logged
# in as user as set with AutomaticLogin key.
AutomaticLoginEnable=true
AutomaticLogin=testid

Thanks.
Oscar.