Re: SSH connection timeout?

I don't think the ClientAlive settings involve inactivity, rather they
check for an unresponsive remote client.  (So a session could be idle, but
the client still responds to the servers ClientAlive inquiries.)

You might instead consider setting inactivity timeouts for login shells
(which would also apply to local console logins).  You can do this for
sh/bash and csh at least by dropping files into /etc/profile.d/ like
these:

tmout.sh:
# seconds
TMOUT=900