Re: 1TB ext3 volume

Well, this is going to be a NFS server, serving /home for around 30 users in a NIS domain. It will also be serving various shared directories and data. A rotating backup (rsnapshot) is also going to be running on that server for the homes, as well as some network servers (DNS/DHCP).

On 7/28/07, nodata <lsof nodata co uk> wrote:
Am Freitag, den 27.07.2007, 00:56 +0300 schrieb Ahmed Kamal:
> Hi,
> I have a logical volume (LVM) that's around 1TB. I formatted it as
> ext3 (using anaconda's default format options). I was concerned to see
> the operation took a full hour! Anyway, I am now more concerned as to
> whether anaconda's default options might not be good enough for large
> volumes. Should I be changing the block size or other options?
> regards
> --

Depends. What's the disk for, which app?