usage of variable argument function pointer in npw-config.c

Carsten Juttner carjay at gmx.net
Thu Dec 25 15:40:33 UTC 2008

Hallo Gwenole,

Gwenole Beauchesne wrote:
> Le 20 déc. 08 à 17:42, Carsten Juttner a écrit :
>
>> I'm currently trying to debug why the 32 bit Flash Player 10 is
>> crashing when used within nspluginwrapper on my Kubuntu 64 bit system
>> with Firefox and during the course of getting more debug output I
>> stumbled across an issue when building with optimization turned off
>> (-O0).
>
> Could you please tell me more about it? Were you able to reproduce it
> with WebKit or another version of Firefox?

Sorry for the late reply, it was my own fault, Flashplayer loads libcurl
dynamically (since it supports several versions), unfortunately the
error handling within Flashplayer is buggy and leaves the curl function
pointers at NULL if the dlopen fails which leads to an instant crash
when the plugin is initialized by the wrapper.

So the real issue was me using a too recent version of libcurl which had
an unmet dependency on a newer version of libldap. I could have checked
that with ease using ldd but I thought it was a required import.

I'm using Firefox 2.0.0.18 and Kubuntu Gutsy 7.10 and after using the
correct 32 bit version of libcurl it worked flawlessly.

Ah, at least it was worth it since some video streams that would stall
with FlashPlayer9 play fine now.

Thanks for all the effort, :)

Regards,
Carsten