Tentative roadmap

Gwenole Beauchesne gb.public at free.fr
Sat Dec 27 10:14:05 UTC 2008

Hi,

Here is a desired roadmap, feature wise. There is no timeline because
I never match them, it depends on my spare time.

* 1.4.0 - Release focus: various optimizations (mainly for energy
efficiency)
   - 1.3.0:  drop Xt timer glue when not necessary, NPObject props
caching, malloc-check code
   - 1.3.2: "local" streams handling, i.e. don't round-trip to the
browser, delegate that to npviewer.bin (i.e. share code with npplayer)
   - 1.3.4: various satellite changes, e.g. system configuration files
-> /etc/sysconfig/nspluginwrapper/*, could be useful for Transitive
"profiles".
   - 1.3.x: as many releases as required to reach stable state

* 2.0.0 - Release focus: public API, offscreen redirection
   - 1.9.0: new build system, convert to C++
   - 1.9.2: offscreen redirection (Clutter/Moblin2)
   - 1.9.4: reworked and public API, sample integration in Firefox for
"wrap-less" plugins management
   - 1.9.x: as many releases as required to reach stable state

* 2.2.0 - Release focus: other host/target OS support
   - 2.1.0: MacOS X host/targets support
   - 2.1.2: Windows targets support in Linux
   - 2.1.4: Windows host support if I am motivated enough
   - 2.1.x: as many releases as required to reach stable state

Everything up to 2.0.0 + 2.1.2 item is what I currently have in mind
clearly (large parts) and experimental bits in practise (a few parts).
i.e. it will depend on how fast I am good at dumping my mind to code
and/or how good my initial thoughts were.

Comments welcome.

Regards,
Gwenole.