nspluginwrapper-1.1.2 invisible video

Gwenole Beauchesne gb.public at free.fr
Wed Nov 5 06:11:00 UTC 2008

Le 5 nov. 08 à 00:57, Warren Togami a écrit :

>> Finally, I think this is independent from nspluginwrapper.
>> I was just looking at how much CPU nspluginwrapper+Firefox is
>> taking against Firefox alone[*] and I noticed the same thing
>> happens with a standard 32-bit Firefox too. Both builds are of the
>> same version-release (from openSUSE 11.0 updates) but different
>> architectures (i586, x86_64). Your link is a good one for testing
>> and exhibits this behaviour easily.
>
> Are you suggesting this is a bug in either Flash or Firefox?

Yes, though I don't know which one yet. However, I know Firefox is
sending the stream and Flash consumes it. It could be either Flash is
not writing back to the offscreen buffer (NPP_SetWindow() and
NPP_HandleEvent()[GraphicsExpose] sequences happen though), or Firefox
is not merging back that offscreen buffer (NPN_InvalidateRect()
happens too).

Some things to examine:
- The contents of the pixmap XID
- Or whether Flash is actually writing to the pixmap (e.g.
intercepting XShmPutImage()?)

Regards,
Gwenole.