nspluginwrapper, Flash 10 and flashblock 1.5.7: very unstable

Gwenole Beauchesne gb.public at free.fr
Thu Nov 13 22:10:21 UTC 2008

Hi,

----- "Frederik Himpe" <fhimpe at telenet.be> a écrit :

> I'll start with this very easily reproducible test case which I just
> found: just visit http://www.deredactie.be . Immediately bug-buddy
> pops-up here, before the site has even loaded completely and before I
> could activate on any of the flashblocked animations.

Well, it still works here. Something must be broken on your system. I also tried with firefox 3.1-beta-something. However, the only unusual message this site causes is:

(npviewer.bin:9311): Gdk-CRITICAL **: _gdk_x11_window_tmp_unset_bg: assertion `GDK_IS_WINDOW (window)' failed

Nothing else. Flash videos normally play afterwards when they are activated.

> ----------- .xsession-errors (31 sec old) ---------------------
> Gtk-Message: Failed to load module "canberra-gtk-module":
> libcanberra-gtk-module.so: cannot open shared object file: No such
> file
> or directory
> (npviewer.bin:28179): Gtk-WARNING **: Unable to locate theme engine
> in
> module_path: "clearlooks",

I don't think those errors should be ignored, please make sure to fix them first.

> *** NSPlugin Viewer  *** ERROR: NPN_GetURLNotify() invoke: Connection
> closed
> /usr/lib64/npviewer.bin: No such file or directory.

BTW, why a 32-bit binary would lay into */lib64/ ?

Regards,
Gwenole.