Some SWF movies/games do not work in npplayer (when they request remote content?)

Yaohan Chen yaohan.chen at gmail.com
Fri Jan 23 00:02:56 UTC 2009

I am unable to play the Google video and "Magic Pen" flash game linked as
examples on <http://gwenole.beauchesne.info/en/projects/nspluginwrapper/help>
using nspluginplayer. The Google video shows a seek bar and stops there. The
flash game shows its loading screen with an nearly empty progress bar and also
stops. These flash movies work in Adobe standalone flash player and Konqueror
(which I think uses nspluginviewer) on the same computer.

I am able to use npplayer to play some small swf files and the difference seems
to be that they do not make remote data requests, but I am not sure.

I am on Ubuntu 8.10, with Adobe Flash plugin 10,0,15,3. I have tried with the
nspluginwrapper 1.1 deb package, as well as 1.2.2 and 1.3.0 built from source,
and all versions are having similar problems. I did not update the
nspluginwrapper installed on the system when trying 1.2.2 and 1.3.0 player; is
that necessary?