[Octa-list] Octa Deployment Documentation and hypervisor support

Aron Parsons aron at redhat.com
Mon Apr 18 14:06:12 UTC 2011

Without Satellite you just won't have information about the last checkin time and if it's packages are up-to-date.  There's a config
option to disable the Satellite component.  You don't really lose any functionality, just information.

If you don't have control of your DNS zone, just don't configure dhcpd to update DNS.  The DDNS portion of octa is all controlled by
dhcpd, so check out the man pages for dhcpd.conf for whatever you want to do.

Aron Parsons, RHCA
Senior Consultant
Red Hat Consulting