[olpc-software] "Mesh" Software

Ivan Krstic krstic at fas.harvard.edu
Wed Apr 19 10:10:16 UTC 2006

Fabian Deutsch wrote:
> Maybe a bit out of date? I mean, there has been a lot of movement since
> 1999 ... especially in this (mesh) area ..

The paper is perfectly recent enough to illustrate that there are,
obviously, more than 3 substantially different routing protocols
available, which was the point I was making.

I wouldn't call most any of the general-purpose mesh routing work that
I've seen since that paper was published groundbreaking. A possible
exception is Biswas' and Morris' opportunistic routing (ExOR), but I
don't think that'll be of much good given our use case.

--
Ivan Krstic <krstic at fas.harvard.edu> | GPG: 0x147C722D