[olpc-software] sugar

Ivan Krstic krstic at fas.harvard.edu
Mon Jun 5 15:17:22 UTC 2006

Dan Williams wrote:
> That's certainly debatable... FF has a lot of junk that we may/may not
> need.

Right. Davidz mentioned on IRC that we're now getting Gecko out of
XULRunner instead of Firefox, so I suppose there's no compelling reason
to keep Firefox proper around.

> This isn't to say the the Sugar bits will be the only way to look
> at web pages, but you have to ask what all the stuff in FF is needed
> for.

I haven't looked at the very recent Sugar snapshots, but do we have it
playing nicely with the canvas element and such? I seem to recall
earlier versions couldn't show Logowiki.

--
Ivan Krstic <krstic at fas.harvard.edu> | GPG: 0x147C722D