Re: [olpc-software] welcome to the olpc software mailing list

Jim Gettys wrote:
Ah, but I want OOM: I just need to be able to control what gets killed,
possibly warning that application long enough in advance it could save
its state for a later transparent restart...  The kernel has no insight
into that sort of behavior.
			- Jim

Right - you can get rid of obvious caches. One process running out of memory doesn't help you tell other apps that they should try and free some so you can let that other process continue.

--CHris