[olpc-software] No package manager?

I'm intrigued by the comments in

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/OLPC/Goals

to the effect that there won't be any need for a package manager.

I can see that by constraining the platform you may not need a package
manager to manage the platform itself, but won't you still need a
package manager to allow users to install, uninstall and update the
applications that are built on top of the platform?

I guess you could avoid a package manager using the one directory per
application approach.  Is that what you have in mind?

James