Re: [olpc-software] No package manager?

Alan Cox wrote:
On Mon, Mar 13, 2006 at 04:20:57PM -0500, Christopher Blizzard wrote:
Jim Gettys wrote:
We have agreed that rather than continuing arguing we'd go off and try
to talk to people who are actually deploying systems into schools to see
what their experience is.

Is anyone doing school deployments that aren't thin client ? All the UK
ones I know about like cutterproject.org are.

Can you define what you mean by "thin client"? These laptops have local storage and the ability to operate off the network, and in most situations thin clients means running entirely off the network.

--Chris