Re: [olpc-software] No package manager?

What schools are doing is not very helpful, since most schools are not doing constructivist learning (e.g. with LOGO-like scripting). It is very likely that a thicker client will be required here to make up for what should be in the browsers, and this thicker client will have to be easy for nonHDLT child users to get.

Cheers,

Alan

At 02:44 PM 3/13/2006, Alan Cox wrote:
On Mon, Mar 13, 2006 at 04:20:57PM -0500, Christopher Blizzard wrote:
> Jim Gettys wrote:
> >We have agreed that rather than continuing arguing we'd go off and try
> >to talk to people who are actually deploying systems into schools to see
> >what their experience is.

Is anyone doing school deployments that aren't thin client ? All the UK
ones I know about like cutterproject.org are.