Re: [olpc-software] No package manager?

We do use a thicker client in schools successfully (in US, Japan, Spain, Nepal, etc.) via Squeak Etoys which runs bit-identically on about two dozen platforms and most browsers (I think we found about 125 combinations the last time we counted).

At 02:57 PM 3/13/2006, Alan Cox wrote:
On Mon, Mar 13, 2006 at 05:48:16PM -0500, Christopher Blizzard wrote:
> >Is anyone doing school deployments that aren't thin client ? All the UK
> >ones I know about like cutterproject.org are.
> Can you define what you mean by "thin client"?  These laptops have local
> storage and the ability to operate off the network, and in most
> situations thin clients means running entirely off the network.

Thin Client as in "entirely off network". I'm still trying to find anyone
who is using a thicker client model in schools successfully and haven't found
anything much.

olpc-software mailing list
olpc-software redhat com