[olpc-software] Re: wireless networking, in the "real" world.

On Tue, 2006-03-14 at 20:10 -0500, Jim Gettys wrote:
> There is another aspect I think people are missing: you are all
> presuming 802.11g running at tens of megabits.

OK, actually I had assumed wireless was too fancy for most places and
good old wires would be used. I don't think it's that CPU expensive for
a good network card to shovel bits off the wire and into memory, but
never checked exact figures.

I have no clue how much CPU time a wireless connection takes, I hardly
ever use wireless. So yes, probably you're right.

thanks -mike