Re: [olpc-software] graceful handling of out-of-memory conditions

Jim Gettys wrote:
I'm seriously considering abandoning evolution at this point.  For what,
is the question.
Kudos for sticking with it as long as you have. I stuck with it as long as I could, but eventually the imap cruftiness got to me and I moved to thunderbird so that I have a flat emailer space under linux and OSX. I haven't looked back even once.

Perhaps there is an emailer that is to evolution what epiphany is to mozilla, that could be used. The experience ssh-tunneled into the corporate network is dramatically different between the two. Just the startup time between epiphany and firefox is like a factor of 10 better for epiphany. If I wasn't on a cable modem, epiphany would be even better I suspect. There should be a nice tight gtk-based mailer out there some place.

   -Dean