Re: [olpc-software] Authentication, authorization, personalization/imprinting

Alan Cox wrote:
Providing you meet the one per user goal.

Yes, good point. I wonder how hard it'd be to add something like passfaces to GDM? I guess a lost password out in the wild would require somebody to boot into single-user mode and reset it using the command line, which would suck ...

A lot. Your idea of privacy and theirs may differ but all children have and
need a private space. Whether the contents are truely valuable is a different
matter. Its all in the eye of the owner.

Children can also be vindictive, evil and spiteful so will do naughty things
to each others box in fits of anger.

Oh, very true :) OK, scratch that, I guess they're all important.