Re: [olpc-software] Authentication, authorization, personalization/imprinting

On Wed, Mar 29, 2006 at 09:29:54AM -0500, Jim Gettys wrote:
> One conversation we've had with a person in the field is that if there
> is a way to make the machine non-functional if it is stolen may decrease
> theft, if this behavior is advertised widely.

Yes!  Good idea.

Reliance provides mobile phone service in India.  All the Reliance
phones work like this.

I recently had my phone stolen. I reported the theft to Reliance. They
blocked the number. The thief contacted us and returned the phone
(without confessing guilt ;-).