Re: [olpc-software] Authentication, authorization, personalization/imprinting

On Wed, 2006-03-29 at 12:18 +0100, Mike Hearn wrote:
> > OLPC can ship without any password protection.  If stuff gets deleted
> > then kids will suddenly become very interested in learning about how to
> > protect their files.
>
> Gotta be careful "education" here doesn't devolve into "UNIX
> administrator training" ;)

Yea, I really really think we want to hide the fact that it's a
UNIX-like system as much as we possibly can. I, for one, really don't
want to see the next generation of kids grow up having to learn about
UNIX, shell scripts and things like pipes.

    David