Re: [olpc-software] Authentication, authorization, personalization/imprinting

Jim Gettys wrote on Wed, 29 Mar 2006 09:29:54 -0500
> One conversation we've had with a person in the field is that if there
> is a way to make the machine non-functional if it is stolen may decrease
> theft, if this behavior is advertised widely.

The results of this strategy for car radios/cd players has not been very
good. Of course, these have no access to the internet and so are more
limited in how they can protect themselves.

-- Jecel