[Olpc-vault-devel] Hi.

Robin Norwood rnorwood at redhat.com
Tue May 29 21:15:44 UTC 2007

Greg Dekoenigsberg <gdk at redhat.com> writes:

> On Wed, 16 May 2007, Greg Dekoenigsberg wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 16 May 2007, Robin Norwood wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>> I'm Robin Norwood on the Desktop team in Red Hat.  Greg asked me to
>>> look
>>> into getting a build system for our instance of Remora set up, and maybe
>>> do some hacking if I have spare time.
>>
>> I'll be spending Friday cozying up with him, heh.
>
> To be clearer here, and to get everyone up to speed:
>
> The most important thing now, from my perspective, is to set up the
> hacking infrastructure.
>
> That means:
>
> 1. Making sure that we've got good process that gets you from
> "checking code out of git" to "having a running instance of Remora".
>
> 2. Making sure that we've got a nightly build box that follows that
> process to the letter.  That box will be olpc2.redhat.com.
>
> I haven't had a lot of time to make this stuff happen, much to my
> chagrin -- but I'm hoping that we can make some progress in the
> upcoming week.

Progress!

http://olpc2.hosted.redhat.com/

Now points to a build of remora from the git checkout.

Also, the git tree (/var/git/bundle-vault/) on that box is updated daily
(cron.daily).

Also also, the script /root/bundle-vault-setup.sh will

o Copy the latest git tree to somewhere in /opt/bundle-vault (based upon
the date and build #)

o Create a set of matching databasae, populated appropriately, and
configures the copy of the app to point to said database.

o Configures apache to point the DocumentRoot to the appropriate
directory.

o Restarts httpd

ie, everything needed to go from the git tree to a working app.

Next steps:

o Write a 'cleanup' script to clean up old builds.

o Figure out how to set up the 'services' stuff - right now I think just
the web UI is up

o Figure out how to set things up so we can access old builds (probably
something like bundle-vault-2007-05-29_8.olpc2.hosted.redhat.com with
vhosts).

o Get the whole build process going nightly.  Right now just the git
checkout is done nightly.

o Figure out how to run the included tests suite. (seems broken)

So, feel free to play with it, run the setup script, etc.

-RN

--
Robin Norwood
Red Hat, Inc.