[Open-scap] XCCDF Policy model

David Niemoller David.Niemoller at g2-inc.com
Mon Dec 14 15:57:34 UTC 2009

One of the challenges of XCCDF is to separate the transport syntax of
the XCCDF XML from the processes of evaluating and scoring the policy
content comprised by the XCCDF documents.  I propose that this
separation be made explicit by the addition of an XCCDF Policy model
that performs the loading, evaluation and scoring tasks of XCCDF.  The
XCCDF API, as it exists provides APIs for interpreting and tailoring the
XCCDF transport instances, and these are not changed by the Policy API.
I've attached a xccdf_policy.h file which specifies the XCCDF policy
API.  I am working toward an implementation of this API.

Dave.