[Open-scap] openSCAP User Gudie

Ahmad Ali Tabassam ahmadthe8 at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 2 21:31:04 UTC 2009

Hello everyone
 Previouls I was using the Nessus at our Institute, and I came to know the openSCAP, standard for automation of vulnerability/complince/security management. I gone through different specifications of SCAP as XCCDF, OVAL, CVE, CCE, CVE and CVSS.
I configured and installed the openSCAP 0.5.4 on fedora 11 successfully.
But I am unable to find any of a user guide about openSCAP.
How to run some example, Lets say I want to check the CCE-4154-1 the minimum password length. (/etc/login.def)

Kindly someone can guide me.

Best Regards

Tabassam
Institute Industrial IT
Dept. of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
University of Applied Sciences, Lemgo Germany
Cell:          +49 176 64672248
Land line: +49 5261 2835790