[Open-scap] OSX port

Peter Vrabec pvrabec at redhat.com
Tue Nov 3 13:08:37 UTC 2009

Hi Peter,

you are right. FreeBSD port is in nice progress. It means we can compile
library under FreeBSD without any problems. What we miss, are the FreeBSD
specific probes. In other words, evaluation of oval objects specific for FreeBSD
is not done.

Unfortunately I don't have access to OSX now, so I can't tell you if we can
compile it on OSX. Give me some time and I'll try to answer this problem. I
hope it won't be a big issue. The situation with probes is exactly the same as
with FreeBSD. Since we still work on linux, and there is still important work
that need to be done, we do not extend set of probes. Any help in this area
would be appreciated. :)

Regards,
Peter Vrabec.