[Open-scap] Version in Fedora 14

Steve Grubb sgrubb at redhat.com
Fri Jul 23 15:41:10 UTC 2010

On Friday, July 23, 2010 11:32:15 am Steve Grubb wrote:
> On Friday, July 23, 2010 11:15:42 am Connie Sieh wrote:
> > What will be available in RHEL 6?
>
> Probably 0.6.0. But we will update in 6.1 to something that is newer and
> hopefully providing complete SCAP 1.1 functionality.

I should probably point out that openscap in RHEL6 GA is listed as Tech
Preview for this initial release. This means that we reserve the right to make
changes to APIs and functionality, but its there so people can play with it
and get an idea of how to use it with their environment.

That said, we truly hope that there won't be a need to make wild changes to
APIs or functionality. To help ensure that, it would be nice if other projects
started incorporating openscap so that we know the APIs are flexible enough to
meet everyone's needs. Same thing with porting to other platforms and creating
new language bindings (like Java for instance). All these would help mature
the library so that everyone can depend on the interfaces going forward.

-Steve