[Open-scap] back port to rhel5.5?

Peter Vrabec pvrabec at redhat.com
Mon Apr 18 08:49:19 UTC 2011

Hi Ted,

On Saturday, April 16, 2011 06:13:13 am Ted Toth wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 15, 2011 at 5:45 PM, Ted Toth <txtoth at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Anyone tried backporting openscap to rhel5.5?
>
> I got the latest src rpm from koji. I used rpm2cpio piped through cpio
> to extract the source tar and spec because rpm -hiv fail with an md5
> checksum error. I changed the BuildRequires of libcurl-devel to curl
> (no libcurl-devel on 5.5) and commented out the BuildRequires of
> perl-devel again it wasn't available on 5.5 then built and installed
> openscap, openscap-utils and openscap-content. Then I cd'd into
> /usr/share/openscap and ran:
> oscap xccdf eval --result-file result.xml --report-file report.html
> --oval-results --profile Desktop scap-fedora14-xccdf.xml
> scap-fedora14-oval.xml
Desktop -> F14-Desktop

#oscap xccdf eval --profile F14-Desktop --result-file results.xml scap-fedora14-
xccdf.xml

> just to see what would happen and it complained "No Policy to
> evaluate". What does this message mean?
It means that profile "Desktop" was not found, there is no such a
checklist/profile in XCCDF content.

I'm gonna change the message "No Policy to evaluate" to something clearer.

> Does it have something to do
> with the fact that I'm trying to run the fedora14 stuff on rhel 5.5?
no.

> Any help will be greatly appreciated.
>
> Ted

Peter.