[Open-scap] openscap-0.8.0

Peter Vrabec pvrabec at redhat.com
Tue Oct 11 15:43:27 UTC 2011

Hi all,

we have a new OpenSCAP release here:
http://www.open-scap.org/download/openscap-0.8.0.tar.gz

SHA1 checksum:
826df8826e38e0eb3d5cbed57662577101897061

This release was developed and tested on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 and 6. It
conforms to SCAP 1.1 and was tested with:
* USGCB content [1]
* our RHEL6 content (provided by OpenSCAP)
* OVAL test-suite from mitre (part of OpenSCAP test suite)

NEWS:
* added an OVAL Directives schema to allow for a tool to supply a set of
directives to more easily specify desired results content.
* enhanced OVAL Results directives to allow for more flexibility in allowed
results content
* added new OVAL objects(all OVAL 5.8 objects are covered now)
* updated dpkgprobe
* improved directory traversal algorithm
* all issues reported by coverity are fixed
* added capability to export OVAL Variables from XCCDF
* added cvss score calculator from vector

Our plans for the next release(s):
* support OVAL 5.10
* find out want we miss for SCAP 1.2 in XCCDF and CPE

thnx. to all who helped,
Peter.

[1] http://usgcb.nist.gov/usgcb/rhel_content.html