[Open-scap] SecState Evaluation

Rodrian, Logan P (IS) Logan.Rodrian at ngc.com
Tue Dec 11 21:59:02 UTC 2012

Hello-

Along with the recent release of CLIP, I have begun using SecState to perform auditing and remediation for my system.  In performing these tasks and viewing the reports, I found that there were multiple issues with the checks being performed incorrectly.

>From the common profile, which is what I am running, I found the following:

    Check Incorrect (Pre Remediation)     15
    Check Incorrect (Post Remediation)    15+19 (34)

I have compiled a spreadsheet documenting my findings.

I have contacted the SecState mailing list and I was directed to submit identified errors in the checks to this list.  I have attached 2 CSV files containing both the Pre and Post incorrectness as well as the larger XLS spreadsheet.

Please take a look at the findings.  If you could provide any detail on the status/state of these issues (are they already known?  are these new?) and/or the planned date of future release that may include any fixes, it would be much appreciated.  Additionally, if there is a single point of contact appropriate to work with on this, that information would be useful.

Thank you.

Logan Rodrian