[Open-scap] openscap-0.9.0

Peter Vrabec pvrabec at redhat.com
Thu Sep 27 12:33:59 UTC 2012

Hi folks,

we have new OpenSCAP release here.

The reason we jump to 0.9 is because there were changes in API. [1] And
we also want to indicate that we getting closer to our goal which is
SCAP-1.2 support.

Changes:
* few public headers were renamed to follow common schema
* cve and cce modules are not build by default -> these modules are not
utilized by oscap tool and thus untested.
* --enable-bindings configure option was split into --enable-python and
--enable-perl. Python bindings are enabled by default
* support of SCAP datastream support was improved
* plus fixes in OVAL and XCCDF modules. oscap tool reports support of
XCCDF 1.2 and OVAL 5.10.1

Next release
* CPE applicability check will be supported for XCCDF and STIG content.

Download:
https://fedorahosted.org/releases/o/p/openscap/openscap-0.9.0.tar.gz

SHA1:
346baca756a94c96936f13adf4bdef47ef8ea087

Peter

[1]: http://upstream-tracker.org/versions/openscap.html