[Open-scap] oscap generate guide ignores profile

WARREN warren.belfer at oracle.com
Wed Dec 11 21:34:10 UTC 2013

Hi,

One of the useful facilities in openscap is to generate a "security guide"

When I run:
# oscap xccdf generate --profile Baseline guide --output \
       BaselineGuide.html solaris-xccdf.xml

the guide produced includes everything from the XCCDF file and not
just for the "--profile" specified. I see a table at the end telling
me what would be selected (or not) for the profile selected, but it
seems to me that having everything in the guide is confusing, as the
different profiles call different checks (obviously) and having them
all there whether they are used or not seems like not the best idea.

Is there some way to turn off this "feature"? perhaps by manipulating
a style sheet? or should I call it a bug?

Thanks for any ideas.

Warren belfer