[Open-scap] open-scap rpm 5

Martin Preisler mpreisle at redhat.com
Fri Dec 13 15:22:50 UTC 2013

Hi,

----- Original Message -----

Please see documentation of libdl, excerpt:
Historically,  functions in libdl provided for dynamic linking support.
This functionality now resides in libc(3LIB).

I don't think it's a good idea to merge this without any sort of detection
whether this legacy is needed on the platform or not.

> literal.patch:
>
> fixes "Security: Format string is not a string literal" issue in shadow.c
> probe.

Good catch, this was applied, see commit 33fb73fdbb9068ed03ff335c4a5f8322280db197.

> rpm5.patch:
>
> just replaces rpm4 implementation with rpm5

We can't just replace rpm4 support with rpm5. That would mean dropping rpm4
support. Keep in mind that rpm4 and rpm5 are diverging codebases. I am in favor
of supporting rpm5 but it has to be an optional and must coexist alongside rpm4
support. Can't merge this in its current state.

--
Martin Preisler